Re: Mirror chooser

Quoting Roman S Dubtsov (busa@gorodok.net):
> Hello.
>
> I've recently decided to test "sarge" installer (namely
> 20040430/images/monolithic/2.6/mini.iso). I think that the "choose
> mirror" dialog has a usability issue: when I choose "enter
> information mannualy", installer tries to use http protocol by
> default. I think that user should be able to choose ftp/http here
> (instead of being made to go back to the main installer menu and
> reenter the dialog from the very beginning, where choice is possible,
> which is not intuitive at all).
>
> Regards.
>
> PS. Sorry, I could not find proper package in Debian BTS, so I could
> not file this as a bug.

This is not a bug. The question about http/ftp exists at medium
priority. It is thus a design choice to "hide" it on normal installs
and just leave users with one less question.

For getting this question, you just need booting with
DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium boot parameter (or the "expert" boot option
but this will give you the "low" priority and thus a bunch of
questions)