RE: Expect for d-I tests

>> Is not very clear to me how to interact with d-I via qemu.
>
>I suspect it will be easier with bochs, as qemu is missing a
>feature.

Do you know if is in the whishlist of future qemu releases?

>bochs can use the 'term' console driver, and then use
>normal stdin and stdout as the console.  This console would be
>easy to control using expect.  You would have to tell d-i to
>not enable framebuffer to get this to work, as bochs stops all
>output to the tty terminal when framebuffer is enabled.

I see; I did install d-I using bochs a while back and get stuck when
framebuffer was initialized: thanx for the tip.
As for qemu: I tried it last night and I got the installation done quite
easily.

>qemu seem to lack such tty console, so I don't know how to do
>it with qemu.  :(

I'll ask the #qemu people this evening...
In the meanwhile thanx a lot
Ciao

D.