Re: Multiple problems with d-i on Dell Latitude (i386)

Quoting W. Borgert (debacle@debian.org):

> 1. Method 'linux26': Hangs during PC card phase.  Had to switch off.
>
> 2. Method 'linux26 hw-detect/pcmcia=off (or so)':  Did not detect the
>    ethernet device (Broadcom 570x Gigabit).  No idea which driver to use
>    from the list, so rebooted.
>
> 3. Method 'linux': No PC card probs :-) No network driver probs :-)

Broadcom stuff is broken in 2.6.x with x<7. 2.6.7 just entered
unstable and is supposed to have the tg3 driver back again....

>    Installed grub on /dev/hda3 (because XP uses /dev/hda1,2) and I do
>    not want grub as primary boot manager on that machine.
>    Killed the MBR!  No boot from HD at all possible.

This probably needs to be reported as important or even serious to
grub-installer if confirmed.

> 6. A colleague was unhappy about the 'ar' support, because it goes
>    left-to-right and the letters are detached from each other, which
>    seems to be unnormal for 'ar'.

Should be better at least for 1st stage with sid_d-i images. Howevr,
the Arabic translation is currently incomplete and you'll have a lot
of English here and there.