Daily build 20040628 of d-i (Sarge) for sparc: sr_mod.o wrong arch?

Hello to all list members,

I'm having trouble getting Debian (Sarge) installed on a Sun Enterprise E450
with an UltraSPARC-II (248 MHz) CPU. Linux boots and kernel 2.4.26 correctly
identifies SCSI controller, hard disk, and CDROM. The CDROM drive is a
TOSHIBE XM5701 (at least that's what I noticed in the kernel boot messages).

However, as soon as I get past the language selection of d-i and automatic
hardware recognition starts, d-i correctly tries to load sr_mod.o. When I
switch to the third virtual console the following messages are displayed:

insmod: ELF file: /lib/modules/2.4.26-sparc64/kernel/drivers/scsi/sr_mod.o
not for this architecture
insmod: Failed to load module sr_mod.o

(I used the CD image that includes Debian base, which was ~85MB for sparc).

How come that sr_mod.o is not available for this arch even though the rest
of the kernel is for sparc64?

Thanks in advance for any info!

(In case you need more info, please let me know and I'll do my very best to
provide more.)

Kind regards,

	Holger