Re: Pre-seeding XFree settings for keyboard in Debian Installer

On Κυρ 27 Ιουν 2004 09:21, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):
> > [Christian Perrier]
> >
> > > As a way to circumvent this, I propose that we pre-seed
> > > xserver-xfree86 settings about keyboard, mostly
> > > "xserver-xfree86/config/inputdevice/keyboard/model" and
> > > "xserver-xfree86/config/inputdevice/keyboard/layout" with
> > > appropriate values, depending on the chosen keyboard layout
> > > during the kbd-chooser step in d-i.
> >
> > Konstantinos Margaritis is working on packaging the debian-edu
> > tool to do this.  It is currently called
> > locale-config-skolelinux, but will probably be renamed before it
> > is uploaded.
> >
> > The package is available from
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/dists/woody/local/binary-
> >i386/non-official/>.
>
> Ah, this is fine, then. Konstantinos can you give details about
> this?

Yes, sure. Sorry for being so quiet these days, I'm relocating to
another city and things are terribly busy nowadays!
Well, I can only say that I need to clean it up (not that it is not
clean, but perhaps add a few more options, etc) and I'll probably
upload it during the coming week (since I've finished all my projects
and all my teaching :-)
I'll keep you posted about it, and please accept my apologies for this
delay.

Konstantinos