Re: Giving a talk/demo of d-i at CLUG next month

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 01:38:27PM +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 11:48:02AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been dobbed in to give a talk on d-i at next month's CLUG meeting.
> >
> > I was planning on giving a brief blurb about the history behind the
> > installer (where we've come from, where we're trying to go) and then launch
> > into a couple of example installs. The main outcome desired is to get
> > feedback on the new installer.
> >
> > I'll pass on that feedback afterwards...
> >
> > I don't think I'll get into the internals too much, but if there's anything
> > I can answer myself from reading the source and the doco in the source, I
> > might have to ask a few silly questions about here...
>
> I just gave a talk about debian-installer at debian day on LinuxTag.
> It's title was "debian-installer internals". You can download the slides
> at http://www.soziologie.ch/~steinlin/d-i/talk/.
>
> If nobody on debian-boot objects I will commit these files to the svn at
> installer/doc/talks/d-i_internals.

Having a home for the various debian-installer talks is a good thing.
Browsing http://www.nl.debian.org did _not_ bring up a "talks corner",
but I do remember such initiative.
If it did exists,
 then
   please add it there.
   and make a reference in installer/doc/talks to that location
 else
   create installer/doc/talks

> We could start a collection of d-i related talks in our repository.

Google on
 vortrag debian-installer
will bring up various talks on the same topic, however scattered.
Yes, having a home for debian-installer talks is a good thing  :-)

> Gaudenz

Cheers
Geert Stappers