Re: Transfer FILE: vmlinux method 'load' failed 00000300

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 04:26:06PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Hello Debian Install System Team,
>
> My first netboot from Open Firmware on an ibook2 failed.
>
> Getting into OF went fine.
> The TFTP of yaboot and yaboot also.
> What I see from the tcpdump log, it also fetches vmlinux
>
> <screenshot>
> Debian GNU/Linux Network boot
> Welcome to yaboot version 1.3.6
> Enter "help" to get some basic usage information
> boot: linux
> Please wait, loading kernel...

Are you sure that 'linux' is the right name? What does your yaboot.conf
look like? If you're booting 2.6, you'll need to set up a yaboot.conf,
since yaboot can't boot an initrd kernel otherwise; if you're booting
2.4, try 'enet:0,/vmlinux' (I think that's right, it's been a while).