Re: Intro & problem: 8139too TX timeout in sarge installer

martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Paul Gear <paul@gear.dyndns.org> [2004.06.17.2315 +0200]:
>
>>Thanks for the reply.  How do i install the 2.6 kernel?  Is there a way
>>to do that from the install CD?
>

> Yes, please type 'linux26' at the boot: prompt (right after the
> BIOS).

That did it - thanks.  Got good connectivity using that version and the
install completed successfully.  Where should i send feedback about any
problems or suggestions for the install process?

>>Also, i used 'testing' in /etc/apt/sources.list where you have
>>'sarge'. Is that wrong?
>

> No, that's right. I suggest replacing it though. Until sarge is
> officially released, testing == sarge.

I think i probably want testing anyway, since over time, i will still
want slightly more leading-edge packages than stable provides.

--
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net