Re: LDAP-based authentication with the d-i?

Quoting Fabio Tranchitella (kobold@kobold.it):
> Hi, even if I have not yet tried the new d-i, I'm very curious
> about this: can I setup an ldap-based authentication environment
> while installing the base system with the d-i?

Well, I'm not sure this is the purpose of d-i. All neeed stuff for
LDAP-based authentication is made of packages outside the base system,
IIRC.

The only thing somewhat d-i related is that you probably don't want to
create a normal user in 2nd stage. The option for not doing so is
there already, but you have to run d-i in medium priority mode for
getting this question.

Apart from this, I don't really see what d-i packages can do about
your concerns..:-)