Re: [SOLVED - sarge_d-i only] Take 3: sparc64 CDs work?

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 15:42, Ben Collins wrote:
> > Then today (don't know why this idea came to me) I decided to open
> > up the box and juggle around with the memory sticks. And voila!
> > Moving the two sticks from DIMM3 and DIMM4 to DIMM1 and DIMM2 made
> > the initrd issue go away (booted with default SILO parameters).
> > Dunno why Sarge is picky, when Woody, Solaris, and some old SuSE is
> > not.
> That's pretty interesting, and probably very critical info. Thanks
> for trying that.

No problemo. Btw, I decided to give the sid netinst image (20040616) a
try also, now that I got the sarge netinst booting. This was
unsuccessful, however, as I end up with:

NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
Freeing initrd memory: 1820k freed
 Press L1-A to return to the boot prom

Full bug report at:

I guess this relates to issues already discussed about a month ago

It would be nice if we could get around this, so this behavior won't
propagate to the sarge_d-i.

Let me know if you think I should drop the cross-posting and do
follow-ups to only one of the lists...
- --
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik@dannemare.net
GnuPG key: search for 'dannemare' on http://pgpkeys.mit.edu
Key fingerprint: BB7B 078A 0DBF 7663 180A  F84A 2D25 FAD5 9C4E B5A8
http://frederik.dannemare.net | http://www.linuxworlddomination.dk
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)