Re: World Domination 102: Bi-di text support in d-i

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:47:59AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org):

> > I've submitted an updated patch to bug #252956 which now uses dlopen()
> > to load the fribidi routines.  This means, once the patch is applied, we
> > will immediately have opportunistic bidi text support in debconf *and*
> > d-i!

> But, will this patch be applied? I don't see much maintainer reaction
> in 252956 bug log.....

Alastair has already uploaded -3, it's sitting in the NEW queue on
ftp-master right now.  It's being blocked at my request, because it
contains the version of the patch that will break i386 floppy images.  I
can upload -3.1 with just the bidi patch at any time (even after -4 gets
uploaded), bypassing the NEW queue, or we can wait for -4 to be
uploaded.

We may just be better off if -3.1 gets uploaded no matter what, so we
can get the package back under normal NEW processing instead of being
blocked by d-i.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer