Re: Install hang with debian-installer b4/tc1

On Tue 08 Jun, Darren wrote:

> >>I guess it's indeed an intirely different problem then.
> >>

> >   Could it be the same problems I reported (251750 and 247921) in which
> >both IDE and SCSI systems were in use but the SCSI modules were not loaded
> >before the e2fsck check, so not all disks were visible and the system hung?
> >(I had an additional problem because a firewire card reported overcurrent on
> >two buses and hung the system because its driver was not loaded early
> >enough, also reported in 251750)
> >

> Is there a way around this so I can get access to my SCSI disk and
> retrieve my backed up data?

   I had to guess which ones were needed by trying a re-load a few times,
try to read the error messages as they flashed past, then I just forced
the modules to be loaded at the initial boot by editing /etc/modules as it
hung during booting, then re-booted. That would have completely thrown me
not very long ago.

--
Chris Bell