Re: italian translation installation manual update

On Saturday 05 June 2004 21:53, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> 	I have commited the first few files of the translation of installation
> guide. I think then while the people of Italian Translation Project it
> wuold be nice to see if this first files build correctly. Could I add it
> into languages in the build.sh script?

Only adding 'it' to build.sh will not result in the manual being published on
the d-i website, so this will not help you.

You can build the translation yourself with the following commands:
$ cd build
$ ./buildone.sh i386 it
See the instructions in build/README for the packages you need to install.
Note: this does not work on Woody!
Then, if you have a private server available, you can publish the html-files
there.

For Dutch, I upload the translations to SVN _after_ they have been reviewed
and _after_ I have tested that the translation builds correctly.
See http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-dutch/2004/04/msg00022.html for an
example how we do the reviews (the bits you can't read are Dutch ;-)
Note that I leave the original English texts as comments (they are deleted
before I commit to SVN).

I just tried building your translation, but get some errors. You'll need to
fix that first.
\\snip
fjp@elrond (sarge):~/d-i/src/manual/build$ ./buildone.sh i386 it
../it/welcome/what-is-debian.xml:109: parser error : Opening and ending tag
mismatch: sect1 line 4 and para
</para><para>
       ^
../it/welcome/what-is-debian.xml:116: parser error : chunk is not well
balanced
 </sect1>
 ^
../it/welcome/what-is-debian.xml:116: parser error : chunk is not well
balanced
 </sect1>
 ^
../it/welcome/welcome.xml:22: error: Failure to process entity
what-is-debian.xml
&what-is-debian.xml;
                    ^
../it/welcome/welcome.xml:22: parser error : Entity 'what-is-debian.xml' not
defined
&what-is-debian.xml;
                    ^
../it/welcome/welcome.xml:32: parser error : chunk is not well balanced

^
install.it.xml:30: error: Failure to process entity welcome.xml
&welcome.xml;
             ^
install.it.xml:30: parser error : Entity 'welcome.xml' not defined
&welcome.xml;
             ^
unable to parse install.it.xml
//snip