Re: RAID1 install fails

* W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org> [2004-05-30 11:32]:
> /sbin/tune2fs: Not a directory while while trying to open /dev/md/0/part1
> Couldn't find valid file system superblock.

When you create a RAID device, you'll see something like this:

      RAID1 #1 - 8 GB
            #1 primary    8 GB

What you did was to choose the first line, then you got a warning and
continued.  This does not work with RAID or LVM - you _have_ to choose
the second line and create your partition there.

Ideally, partman should only show one line for RAID and LVM, but this
requires many changes.  Maybe it's possible to print an error instead
of a warning when you choose the first line; or better yet, partman
should use the 2nd line even when you choose the 1st line.  I'll check
later how hard this would be to do.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com