Call for m68k/vme debian-installer testers

Unofficial debian-installer (d-i) test images and iso's are available
for m68k/vme at <http://people.debian.org/~smarenka/d-i/test/vme/>.

You need a minimum of something like 24 MB of ram to test these images.
We plan on pushing that number down, but it's not there yet.

The home page for d-i has pointers to the Installation HOWTO and
Manual at <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>.

The images include cdrom (bootable only under bvme6000), tftp, and
floppy (which should be bootable).

All the images are setup to work with a 2.4 kernel. I'd like to know if
the 2.4 kernel works, since the 2.2 kernel may get dropped from sarge.
If all else fails, I can build images which work with a 2.2 kernel.

To get regulary daily building support for vme, someone will need to
figure out how to install vmelilo without root, see
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=250578>.

As far as I know, these images have never been tested and may well not
work. I've completed as much of the m68k/vme port of debian-installer
as I can for now. The rest is up to you.

<stephen@marenka.net>