Re: Sparc64 cdrom & netboot install

Quoting Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org):
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 05:39:37PM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 May 2004 23:50:54 +0200, Thomas Poindessous wrote:
> > > - langagechooser screen was garbaged (lines for ja_* was shorter). I
> > >   took some screenshots, you can see them in
> > >   http://thomas.poindessous.free.fr/
> >
> > Could this be due to the fact that the eject-udeb templates weren't in
> > UTF-8? If so, this was just fixed by Colin.
>
> Normally if templates aren't in UTF-8 then the build process just fails.
> I suppose anything's possible, though.

According to Thomas screenshots, the garbage problem is just a "there
is no framebuffer" support problem...so a well known problem for Sparc
installs, no?

But, anyway, eject-udeb templates should be UTF-8 anyway, so we should
probably file a wishlist report to eject for him to ass a
debian/po/output file with:

2   utf8

....just like other d-i packages have (I'm not really sure of the
purpose of this but as Denis Barbier added this here and there, I'm
sure this is needed!)