Re: Sparc64 cdrom & netboot install

Package: busybox-cvs
Severity: serious

Biarch modutils are still broken on Sparc64.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 23:50:54 +0200, Thomas Poindessous wrote:
> First cdrom image :
> - can't install since insmod/modprobe don't work and I can't use ide-cd.
>   Can we drop insmod from busybox and use modutils just for sparc ?

Please coordinate with Bastian on getting this to work. He supposedly
finished the biarch support in vers. 20040507-1 of busybox-cvs.

> Second, netboot image :
> - i used ramdisk_size=8192 param.

Fixed in linux-kernel-di-sparc 0.58 since last night.

> - langagechooser screen was garbaged (lines for ja_* was shorter). I
>   took some screenshots, you can see them in
>   http://thomas.poindessous.free.fr/

Could this be due to the fact that the eject-udeb templates weren't in
UTF-8? If so, this was just fixed by Colin.

> - I got the scary error screen "modprobe -v ide-cd"

fixed in hw-detect recently by Joey, I think. Right?

> - everything else was fine in english and in french mode !

Yay!

--
Joshua Kwan