Re: A design draft for a debconf based PPP/PPPoE configurator

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 07:41:29PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:

> If we're going to do this, we should not forget ISDN, which is like ppp but
> does require completely different configuration (isdn4linux).
> I guess this would require an isdn-modules.udeb and an isdn4linux.udeb. One
> problem is that AFAIK isdn4linux does not have a full debconf configuration,
> but it should be possible to get it working.
> I have some ISDN experience and hardware to test, so I could help.

I would definitely do ISDN as a seperate thing to attempting to do PPP.

There are quite a few (country specific) combinations and permutations, that
complicate things, and could otherwise bog down getting PPP support into d-i
operating for async dialup and ADSL PPPoE/PPPoA.

Andrew