Re: tenative timeline for rc1 release (and DebConf)

* Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2004-05-18 02:37]:
> When we're checking out the test candidate, it's essential that we cover
> all arches and as many installation methods as we can. An important
> question is whether too many of our key testers -- folk like Bdale and
> Jeff Bailey -- will be at the conference and so away from their arch
> farms at home. Also we need to know what hardware will be at the
> conference -- i386 will no no problem, but what other arches will be
> covered there?

That's a point I raised on IRC recently as well.  I think it would be
good to compile a listing of hardware we'll have available at DebConf.
I'll ask talk to some Brazilian people to see if they can find more
wierd architectures.  Can we collect this information somewhere?  I
guess a Wiki would be a solution for this, but I've never used them,
so I'm hereby volunteering to collect the information - if you bring
any special hardware (i386 with firewire counts as special too) please
send me a mail and I'll put in on the list.  I'll post the list in a
few days, or put it on the web and keep it up to date.

> I want to have people lined up ahead of time for each architecture who
> will be available to do some testing during both time periods. So please
> make a commitment now if you can.

I'll be at DebConf and thus away from most of my hardware, but I'll
try to ask people who've previously tested d-i explictly whether I can
ask them to test stuff during the testing period you outlined in your
mail.  Maybe other people can do the same for their arches.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com