Re: Cannot partition scsi drive

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 07:22:19PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Jim Seymour <bluejay@speedfactory.net> [2004-05-16 14:15]:
> > 	I am at an impasse with the current debian installer using
> > diskettes. All seems to go fine until I am asked about partitioning
> > the drive. If I choose manual partitioning the screen flashes
> > something to quick for me to read and comes back saying no partition
> > has been assigned to root. If I choose automatic partitioning the same
> > thing happens. It does not ever give me a chance to select a drive to
> > partition.
>
> Can you open a shell (on the 2nd virtual console) and see if your disk
> has been found.  If so, can you send /var/log/partman
>
> Normally, after selecting manual partitioning, you should be put into
> a menu where you can make changes.

Thanks Martin,
	I was able to get to a virtual console and found out the module
for my scsi card had not been loaded. Once I modprobed the correct
module I was able to partition the drive and proceed with the
installation. Since the correct module was there is this a hardware
detection bug? I will be happy to provide more info if needed.

Thanks,

Jim Seymour