Re: Inconsistency wrt to ellipsis (...)

On 15.V.2004 at 21:08 (+0100) Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Some more inconsistency:
>   - hard drive vs hard disk

In the initial versions of partman I used "storage device" because
people can install also on flash cards.  On the other hand "storage
device" is not clear enough.

"Hard disk" is better that "hard drive".  Another options are "Fixed
disk" and "Fixed drive" (these are used mostly by IBM).

>   - One or two space between sentences (Two of course!)

I find this usefull, but AFAIK it is standard only for American English.

>   - A space before colon or not (normally not, is this different in
>     pt_BR?)

This is normal practice only for French.

Anton Zinoviev