Re: [tsec-gf] Re: needs to support > 512 byte block sizes for s390

Hi,

Martin Michlmayr:
> * Frank Kirschner <kirschner@trustsec.de> [2004-05-13 14:50]:
> > The partitioner wants to partition a extended partition. That is not
> > possible on s/390
>
> Do you mean a logical partition?

the debian installer suggests 2 partitions:
part1: /
part5: swap (in an extended partition)

On s390, there are only 4 primary partitons available and no extended.
So a dos-compatible partition-layout will not work on s390.

> > When I partition it from hand, the partitioner is not able to write the
> > partitiontable to disk.
>
> Do you know why?

No. Debugging the debian-installier is not so easy ;)

> > At least now the partitioner can read the disk and does not complain
> > about wrong blocksizes and reports the correct disk-layout.
>
> Good.

Yes. This is a huge step from earlier versions :)

> > I cannot test it further right now, because the d-i SVN is not available.
>
> It should be back now... sorry, it has some problems sometimes.

The anonymous access still is broken, but I am able to checkout the SVN
with my alioth account now.

Ciao
		Frank Kirschner

--
trustsec IT solutions GmbH   Frank Kirschner        kirschner@trustsec.de
Steinbrunnenstr. 26          tel +49-711-99770652   mobil +49-174-3276289