Re: d-i-<arch> pseudo packages

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 10:03:42PM +0300, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On 10.V.2004 at 19:38 (+0100) Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > I personally would find it helpful to have d-i-<arch> pseudo packages,
> > so install reports or other architecture specific bugs can be
> > reassigned there.
>
> I'd also appreciate some solution.  Though I think a better solution
> is to create architecture tags for the bug reports.  For example
>
> tags 238366 +mips
>
> I don't know how one can collect all bug reports marked with some
> particular tag (for example "d-i"), but there must be some way to do
> this.

You could just put the architecture name in the subject and stick
'&include=powerpc' or whatever on the end of the URL.

Bug tags have proven to be quite a bad model for extensible classes of
things such as architectures (see the incredibly confusing potato,
woody, sarge, sid, etc. tags); we need something different for those.
I've had this conversation before with Martin so I'm sure he knows my
viewpoint.