using sarge installer with non-included network driver?

1) I've made several suggestions for improving the sarge beta installer menu system in my installation report to the bugs list.

2) Is it possible to use the beta sarge installer with a network card driver that's not included? I am trying install using a Linksys wireless WUSB11 v2.8 USB network adapter, which presumably uses the Atmel AT76C503A. On another machine I have compiled the Atmel driver for the version of the kernel used in the beta4 installer image, but I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm guessing I could somehow make a custom net-drivers floppy?

I'm willing to do (and have done) quite a lot of footwork, but I'm frustrated by the patchy web of documentation that doesn't quite knit together.

I'm stubbornly going through this process to try to help improve the installer, btw.

Cheers,
Kevin Murphy