Re: discover 2.0.4-4, discover-data 2.2004.05.03-2 released

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 11:42:05AM -0500, Ian Murdock wrote:
> Note that the "busclass" attribute is now optional. A side effect is
> that reduce-xml is temporarily broken; a side effect of that is that the
> discover-data udeb is temporarily unusable. One of the tasks we are
> working on now is replacing the busclass attribute with a string-based
> "type" attribute that reduce-xml can use to generated smaller device
> lists for d-i. This change, and a new release of discover-
> data with a working udeb, should be available by the end of the week.

Please note that another side-effect of the new code, which reads the
device's type (what Discover maps to a "bus class") appears to have
unfortunate side effects (system hang or crash) on non-robust PCI
devices, including but not limited to Lucent WinModems[1].

See:

http://bugs.debian.org/246029

for more information.

We hope to have this problem rectified soon.

--
Branden Robinson          | GPG signed/encrypted mail welcome
branden@progeny.com       | 1024D/9C0BCBFB