Re: Installation via telnet or SSH

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 02:55:59AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> The best idea I have is to ask the glibc folks for a libnss-files-udeb,
> make openssh-{client,server}-udeb depend on it, and put an
> /etc/nsswitch.conf in rootskel that gets rid of all the default
> references to libnss_compat (NIS in d-i, I think not ...). Any comments?

It may differ on the stage:
- stage 0:
  use libnss-files-udeb.
- stage 1:
  use libc-udeb which may include that lib.

That way we need no additional dependencies.

rootskel needs to include the following I think:
/etc/nsswitch.conf:
| passwd: files
| group: files
| shadow: files

Also we need the possibility to set passwords, i.e. libc-udeb needs to
include libcrypt.

Bastian

--
We do not colonize.  We conquer.  We rule.  There is no other way for us.
		-- Rojan, "By Any Other Name", stardate 4657.5