No Ethernet connection after reboot.

  Sorry about a possible empty post.

I have used the installer a plenty of times so far,
using floppies, from "Sarge" -
...sarge/main/installer-i386/, and also from "testing"
the "current" one.
 Each time I managed to get connected during the
installation phase to be able to download the base
system, but also each time upon reboot I never was
able to re-connect. How I wish to do "apt-update"
through the Ethernet! Where is the successful
configuration recorded, so that I could copy it into
what files?
N.B. I have an old Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop where
the BIOS doesn't support booting from CD-ROM drive,
and where the CD-ROM drive itself is recognized by
Debian (and also by Windows previously) very
infrequently. If not for that, I would get me a CD-ROM
to install from.
  What did I do wrong that I can't get on the Internet
after reboot?
  I have "ZONET Zen 10/100 card.
  Thanks, Hearthstone.

=====
Modelling the Future:
http://gief.pair.com/hearth/modelearth.html

A penny more: Should we, the people, be sincere about wanting a real peace on Earth, we would spend at least a penny more on active promotion of peace, than what we spend on the military.