Re: installing debian on S-ATA drives

Joey Hess wrote:

Patxi Ontoso wrote:
I tried booting linux26 using netinst and businesscard
images (from 26th April) and both gave me the same
problem. The installer could not find the CDROM. If I
load kernel 2.4 it finds it but then I don't have SATA
support...

I guess it needs the 2.6 modules for my CDROM. I tried
to load them with cd-drivers.img floppy image but it
could not load it (I guess the floppy contains only
2.4 modules)

Do you know what module is needed for your CDROM?
The 2.6 kernel doesn't detect your normal atapi cdrom's (or dvdrom's) and I think this is what he means . When I tried it earlier I forgot to mention that it didn't detect
any cdrom  drive although it found an ata disk .

George