Re: Debian-installer beta3 may detect SATA ide controllers automatically?

Kurt Roeckx wrote:

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 12:11:54PM +0200, Pere Castañer wrote:
Hi,

I'm testing the beta3 of debian installer. I'm using a MSI KT6 Delta basesd on VIAKT600 chipset with VIA VT8237 chipset for raid and SATA.
The debian installer don't detect any hdd, and the bios do it.
I need to put the module manually? How?

There exists a patch that should hopefully fix your problem.
Pleae check that patch adds support for your controller.
It seems to be added as vendor='1106' model='3149'.  Output of
lspci and lspci -n would be nice.

See debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=244470

Kurt

it's out of topic, but I just had the same problem with an amd64 machine, and I was thinking why the installer doesn't warn the user when it boots into a system that it cannot find a hard disk for installation? I know experienced users can surely find out why, but what
about more novice users ?

George