Re: Full Debian install impressions and facts (another one)

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):
> [Christian Perrier]
> > Package name       Useful     Useless     Total   fr-Translated  Should use d-i
> [...]
> > xserver-xfree86    6          0           6       6
>
> Why do you believe these 6 questions are useful?  In Skolelinux, we
> are able to configure X almost every time based on the automaticly
> detected HW info.  I believe the X configuration by default _at most_

Because I was really conservative in my judgement on that matter.

Also because, for instance, I found the default value for asking
whether the mouse is to be autodetected really strange (defaults to
"No")

But you're right...for all these settings, just using the default
value went OK. I just assumed this may not be the case for everyone.

The debian-x people will probably add more input there.