Re: Automated xkb/kde/fonts configuration after install

>On Thursday 15 April 2004 02:54, Denis Barbier wrote:
>> As you chose el_GR.UTF-8 as the default locale, you have to find
>> a way to provide a working UTF-8 console.  If jfbterm works for 2nd
>> stage, it could also be used when installation is over, couldn't
>> it?
>
>I thought about it, but IIRC I read in this list that we might change
>from console-* packages to a kbd-based solution, which is supposedly
>more UTF-8 compliant.

All UTF-8 patches to kbd since been applied to console-* ;
remaining UTF-8 issues are due to the kernel.

(Which I intend to fix if I get the time; other volunteers
gratefully accepted)

There are issues with newt (used in d-i), for which I have
patches but doesn't work within d-i (segfaulting); I'm
debugging this as soon as I can.

Regards,
Alastair