Re: Installing using a PCMCIA card?

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:09 -0400, Daniel Déchelotte wrote:
> I could ask Lilo to boot netboot, but the initrd image doesn't provide
> anything to support PCMCIA cards. I've got a 3Com CardBus 3CCFE575CT
> which requires, IIRC, yenta_socket.o, ds.o and vortex.o, none of which
> are available. Is this a serious problem of /debian/dists/testing/main/
> installer-i386/current/images/netboot, or something normal? (both seem
> unlikely to me...)

There is no PCMCIA support in the netboot images. The reason is, I
think, that you're supposed to boot it using network boot (PXE) and
you can't do that with PCMCIA network cards. The [1]monolithic images,
however, do have PCMCIA support.

[1] http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/monolithic/

--
Pelle