partman (was Re: Removing unused d-i udebs from archive)

Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On  5.IV.2004 at 12:44 Joey Hess wrote:
> >
> > If we're in a string freeze, it's news to me. (Ahemm..)
>
> OK.  Then today or tomorow I am commiting the changes.
>
> I supposed that I had to wait for a new branch in the repository just
> like this happened with beta2
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200401/msg00906.html

We do have a beta3 branch in the repo, but it's acting more like a tag,
I guess, no changes have been made to it.

I tried the new partman, and it works great. Wow, that's a lot of work!
My only quibble is with the use of the term Wizard, as in "Use the
Wizard to partition". I don't think wizard is a proper noun, so should
not be capitalised, and I don't see how this is better than the old
"Automatically partition". It assumes that the user is familiar with
windows wizard-type things (and doesn't hate them ;-), and seems overly
cute to me.

--
see shy jo