Re: PCMCIA network configuration

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 21:59 +0200, pelle wrote:
> Now that the hotplug init script is linked as S40hotplug, I don't see
> the big problem in reverting hotplug to the old behaviour of just
> doing ifup on the interface without the "=hotplug".

I filed a bug report against hotplug and it has been closed now by a
new upload. The solution implemented was a low-priority debconf
question which asked whether to not use the logical hotplug interface,
and the default is false, i.e. use a logical interface. So what do we
do with this? Pre-seed the debconf value to true if PCMCIA hardware is
detected? I'm not particularly fond of this solution, but if we want
to have Cardbus network card support in d-i for sarge I'm not sure
what else to do.

--
Pelle