Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:27:09AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> IMO we should do a clean-room implementation anyway.  1) Past
> experiences with Apple have not been very fruitful, just ask the Linux
> Mac68K hackers.

Well, actually, they have been. It is true that Apple has long refused
to give out specifications for mac68k hardware, but after many requests,
they have given out the requested information to the NetBSD folks, on
the condition that they would share it with any interested party. The
Linux/mac68k hackers have the information, and are slowly improving
drivers with it.

Whether history will repeat itself, I do not know...

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks