Re: rootskel and bugreporter-udeb

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 05:08:56PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> Its prebaseconfig script already saved stuff to
> /target/var/log/debian-installer, although the 93save-install-log script
> in prebaseconfig handles the syslog, messages, and debconf db.

I wasn't looking at prebaseconfig. In fact, I totally ignored it
(probably shouldn't have). I was exploring failing out before
base-installer completes.

> It looks to me like you made bugreporter save to /target when run as a
> menu item, but it could be run before there is a /target at all, then it
> would save it to the ram disk.

Good point, although it was being saved to the ram disk in /var/log
anyway in the previous version. In addition, the data was never saved
to /target, even though the debconf note said it was.

I suppose it would be prudent to skip /target and save to
/var/log/debian-installer if /target doesn't exist or isn't mounted?

My problem is that m68k mac doesn't have a supported floppy, so saving
there simply isn't an option.

Thanks,

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>