Re: goals for next release

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 02:08:41PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Random suggestions for help lines:
> > - For bool, string, password:
> > "<Tab> between elements  |  <Enter> to choose"
> > - For select:
> > "<Tab> between elements  |  Arrow keys to move up/down  |  <Enter> to
> > choose"
> > - For multiselect:
> > "<Tab> between elements  |  Arrow keys to move up/down  |  <Space> to
> > select"
> > - For note, error: None at all? Or mention something about tab and enter
> > only when goback is possible?
> >
> > The distinction between Space to select/Enter to choose sucks. This
> > needs better English.
>
> I would also vote for : <ESC> abort current action if possible and drop
> back in the main menu (at possibly a lower priority). If abortion is not
> possible, you simply do the drop back at the earliest possible
> convenience.

Err. Sven, the help line is just one line, the bottom line of the window.
We're limited to max 80 characters here. Less in reality, since we need it
translated too.

I don't recall exactly how Newt's forms work, can we add a binding to F1
that could display some more verbose help? I don't think so, but it's
worth checking out. Adding a <Help> button to the already crowded forms
won't be pretty and it doesn't really help if people need to know about
the navigation keys to figure out how to get to the help on navigation
keys!

/Martin
--
Martin Sjögren