Re: corrections

Le Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 20:04:44 -0500, Rick Thomas a �it:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Can you give a blow-by-blow installation procedure for installing debian
> on oldworld Macs without BootX?  I've done it for woody with BootX -- I
> haven't figured out how to do woody without BootX.  Unfortunately, sarge
> has completely eluded me so far -- with or without BootX.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rick

apt-get install quik, configure it, configure OF for booting from the
HDD, and you're done.

there's plenty of docs around: the install guide, the quik docs at
penguinppc.org, and my site under /macppc/. for specifics on OF and
hardrware issues see /macppc/models.shtml (partial port of the info
hosted at netbsd.org).

any issues that those docs don't cover, email me offlist or meet me at
#debianppc at the freenode irc network.

i usually boot from floppy (woody b-f ;), then run quik from the main
menu :). at least for the first time. then i check the nvram settings
and /etc/quik.conf to make changes (the default timeout= of 100 is way
too high for instance). oh, and you might want a backport of quik (if
you're on woody still; sarge might have the fixed quik: reads symlinks,
and can read/load kernels larger than 4 MB).

oh, i'm not subbed to this list, so please CC: me.

--
| ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/  | http://www.nuit.ca/             |