Re: Release update

(copy to Alastair McKinstry as slang packages maintainer, Shlomi
Loubaton as current worker on BIDI support for d-i and -boot as this
concern comes from Debian Installer needs)

>   * As of now, no new packages will be added to the base system. This
>     means that packages in the base system *must not* change their
>     package relationships.
>
>   * Large changes to the base system must be cleared with the release
>     team and the d-i team before being uploaded to unstable.

The recent work on BIDI (bi-directional language support), aimed at
getting right-to-left languages support in Debian Installer, is likely
to induce changes to slang packages.

One of these will probably make some slang1 packages depend on
libfribidi0. I'm not sure of this because I'm not the one who tried to
implement BIDI support in slang (Shlomi Loubaton is), but I highly
suspect this.

As a side effect this would make libfribidi0 a candidate for being in
the base system. Thus, I prefer mention all this as soon as possible,
of course...