Create bootable CD with custom kernel

I am currently trying to get Debian running on an Apple Xserve G4/133DP, but, as discussed with Sven Luther, it turns out the current pmac kernel does not include the correct IDE driver. While the change in the kernel makes its way into the nightlies, I was wondering if it is possible to build my own CD image.

One thing that is complicating this however, is the fact that the building process is not capable of cross-building, and I am currently lacking any PPC machine to do the build on, although I did succeed in cross-compiling the kernel.

Now, is anyone aware of a way to take today's nightly and somehow replace the kernel image with one I built myself?

Kind regards,

Pepijn.