Re: Debian-installer, older hardware, boot loaders, miboot & amiboot & ..

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 09:29:47PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Rick Thomas wrote:
> > There is a "continue without boot loader" option on the main menu,
> > but the main menu doesn't show up by default.  You have to ask for
> > it in the kernel boot options -- or wait for an error to occur.
> > In any case, it wasn't obvious when or how I was supposed to
> > invoke "continue without...", and before I knew what was
> > happening, the bootloader installer had blown up in my face.
> >
> > What should I have done differently?
>
> Oldpmac support is still new, so probably nothing. It sounds like a
> subarch problem, yaboot-installer or whatever you hit before
> nobootloader should not be appearing on the menu on your subarch, I
> guess.

Definitively not. yaboot will only work on chrp variant, including
chrp_pegasos, chrp_newworldpmac and chrp_rs6k.

It will never work on prep or oldworld, which don't have an OF
implementation, or possibly a broken OF implementation.

Friendly,

Sven Luther