Re: Some issues with UTF-8 locale

On Sunday 28 March 2004 23:58, Joey Hess wrote:
> Unfortunatly tasksel uses slang, not newt, so this patch is not
> going to fix it..

Yes I understand that now, having looked at the code myself. Still the
point remains that UTF-8 breaks some things, some more than others.
The biggest problem with tasksel in UTF-8 right now is the scrollbar,
as you have probably have seen yourself (or from the screenshots).
I know very little slang programming, but it does seem to have support
for UTF-8. I tried to rebuild tasksel with -DUTF8 but it did not
change anything and had very little time available the past week...

Konstantinos