Some issues with UTF-8 locale

First, are there any other languages that use UTF-8 by default besides
Greek? Looking at

I noticed that UTF-8 produces some strange problems in the appearance
of some -not all- screens, esp. in the 2nd stage installation.

The programs that are affected are base-config:
http://people.debian.org/~markos/d-i/base-config-2.png
Bug reports filed: #234529

console-data:
http://people.debian.org/~markos/d-i/console-data.png

and tasksel:
http://people.debian.org/~markos/d-i/tasksel-2.png
Bug reports filed: #238739

Of all the most broken seems to be tasksel.
I think that some of the problems (all?) are related to #232426, which
is pending upload with a patch for 43 days now.

Mind you, the problems with tasksel all appear in all locales that
support UTF-8. I tried {en_US, en_GB, de_DE, es_ES, pl_PL,
ru_RU}.UTF-8 and all had the same problem.
It really makes an otherwise clean & perfect installation look
amateurish.

The patch in #232426, fixes the effect in #238765, but it still looks
like the screen is too wide (goes outside the screen bounds).

As a side note, package ifupdown seems to have the same problem that
shadow had, it's in need of a translations-only NMU, what do you
think?

Konstantinos