Re: why does grub-installer prompt for a grub-style disk name?

> whatever), devfs, and in the back of most people's minds, standard /dev
> naming. That's bad enough, but grub-installer adds to this grub's own
> naming. So I was suprised to notice that grub-install accepts /dev/
> filenames. Is there some reason to not use them by default?

whoa!  that would have saved me a large amount of trouble the other day -
wanted to use grub on a machine, but couldn't quite get it working.  i
guess this would have fixed it.

maybe someone should confer with the grub upstream and ask if that's a
feature that can be expected to continue to exist?

--elijah