Re: Debian Sarge Installer Galician translation

Quoting Dark Trorrr (trorrr@yahoo.es):
> Hi.  I determined to make the translation of the
> Debian Sarge Installer after Sergio Rua posted in a
> mailing list dedicated to Galician translations a mail
> about this topic from a member of Debian Project.  The
> mail has a URL,
> http://people.debian.org/~barbier/d-i/l10n/gl/, were
> the files that should be translated should be.  The
> URL gives a 404 error.  I want to know were to get
> this files to begin the translation.
> Other members of Trasno (Our translation project),
> translated the first part of the instalation of the
> Debian Woody Installer (years/months) ago and it's
> possible that other members have started to translate
> some files of Sarge yet.
> Please, could anybody tell me where to get the .po
> files if isn't too late to do the translation?  Bye.

It's not too late, you'll just have to hurry up a bit..:)

The URL you mention is invalid because there are no more Galician
translations in d-i, so the scripts have dropped the directory.

You should have a look at the official documentation for
debian-installer translations. The file is
installer/doc/translations.txt in d-i source tree, which you can
access by subversion.

Unfortunately, accessing d-i file through the web is currenyl not
possible (?), so I've put a copy of this file at
http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/translations.txt

Please read this file. Also have a look at the translation status page
: http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/translation-status.html

You should have here all informations you need.

For POT files, for instance, these documentations explain you can get
them at ttp://people.debian.org/~barbier/d-i/l10n/POT

Try possibly to use subversion for commiting files, but you can also
post your files here (if possible in a tar file with the same layout
than debian installer source tree).

All this is explained in the documentations anyway,so I won't re-write
them..:-)

Feel free to ask about other informations you may need. Either here,
directly to me, or on #debian-boot IRC channel at irc.debian.org