Current installer and LVM

Hello.

I did an install with 03/25/2004 netinst sid iso. Everything but lvm
stuff went fine.

I have 2 blank vmware disks, 230 MB each, so I used partman to create
new partition tables.

I created one big root partition on the whole sda1, type ext2,
bootable
flag and "/" mountpoint.

Then I created one big partition on sdb1 for use with lvm. So far, so
good.

Went to the "Configure LVM", confirmed to write changes to the disks,
created VG "test" and LV "home". This part was almost localised, but
commands like "Create VG" were still in English. (These strings are
not even in the templates.pot files).

After I came back from the LVM menu back to my partition table, the
setup I did to the sda1 was gone (no mountpoint, etc)!
So I did the setup of sda1 again and then assigned my new lvm logical
volume "/test/home" to the /home mountpoint type ext2).
(Just a visual note: lvm partition info was displayed few columns
earlier than the regular partition info, so it was harder to read in
context).

Then everything went fine until after the reboot, the kernel
complained about not able to access /dev/test/home (which didn't
exist) and also /etc/lvm* directories/files were empty, so I was left
without the LVM. I don't know much about LVM, so maybe I did
something
wrong.

Frank Bauer