Re: OldWorld floppy images

Malte,

Errors like that are usually symptomatic of a dirty/dusty floppy drive.

Buy and use a floppy drive cleaning kit (a bottle of isopropanol
and a floppy-like thing with a non-abrasive fibrous disk in place
of the usual shiny oxide coated disk).  Don't be afraid to use it
couple of times if you continue to have problems after the first
cleaning.  You shouldn't need more than two or three cleanings, though.

Also, buy a box of new floppies.  Don't use floppys that have been
sitting around the house for a few years.  They accumulate dust
over time.

Finally, when you write the image to disk, always read it back to
make sure you have a good copy.  If you didn't get a good copy,
throw away that floppy disk and use a different one.

Thus:

	dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024
	sync
	cmp /dev/fd0 boot.img