Re: Arch-dependent extra packages for debian-cd

Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> When adding the kernel/bootloader packages for mips/mipsel in
> debian-cd I found some probably arch-dependent packages were on
> this list unconditionally. The appended patch is my best guess
> about it, but I'm not sure about some issues:
>
> - Is discover actually needed for most arches?

I don't know, but I guess the arches that it is included in the d-i
initrd for would be a good guess. (i386, m68k, powerpc, arm, ia64,
alpha, hppa, sparc)

> - Is is ok to have bootloaders for i386 listed but not for others?

I think that most bootloaders are pulled in by debootstrap, so appear on
tasks/base-sarge. lilo and grub are an exception as debootstrap installs
neither.

> - Which architectures need pcmcia-cs?

Duno. I seem to recall seeing a mips laptop with it once..

--
see shy jo