Re: Beta 3 Alpha install

Aneesh,

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 04:56:38PM -0500, Aneesh Kumar K.V wrote:
> I had problem with qlogicisp driver. So i booted the CD entered the
> shell deleted those driver. Then i returned to the main menu and
> selected load installer componenets from CD.

> I am getting this message below.

> " If you are installing from CD, it may be corrupt. If you are        x
> x installing from a network, please try another mirror. If you are    x
> x installing from  floppy, make sure you have a driver floppy in the
> x correct drive.  "

> Well my CD is mounted.

Can't reproduce this error with beta3 (even playing similar games with
qlogicisp).  Are you using the netinst or the businesscard image?  Did
you verify the md5sum of the image when you downloaded it?

> BusyBox v1.00-pre8 (Debian 20040306-1) Built-in shell (ash)
> Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

> ~ # cd /cdrom
> /cdrom # ls
> README.html          boot                 md5sum.txt
> README.mirrors.html  debian               milo
> README.mirrors.txt   dists                pics
> README.non-US        doc                  pool
> README.txt           etc                  tools
> TRANS.TBL            install
> /cdrom #

> Where do i need to check for installer components in the CD ?

I'm told this may indicate that the Packages file could not be parsed.
In that case, see dists/sarge/main/debian-installer/binary-alpha/Packages{,.gz}.

Regards,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer