Panic VFS - Root=?

Title: Panic VFS - Root=?
All:

I’m trying to install Debian using Debian Installer (sarge-sparc-businesscard.iso image) on a Sun Ultra 5.

I do a STOP-A and “boot cdrom” from the “ok” prompt and things seem to be going fine...SILO boots and a Debian message asks whether or not I’m doing an install or a rescue.  No problems, then Linux starts to boot and I’m getting the an error message ‘VFS cannot open root device “” or “00:00”’ ...it asks me to append a proper “Root=” clause to my boot command but I can’t seem to find anything that will work.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

PS – I can and will do anything to this machine at this point – it’s not being used for anything at all.